Sunday, March 18, 2007

My book "Melas Angels"--My daughter was born (2)

My daughter was born- (2)

Betty, our little daughter, weighted only 6 lbs. 3 oz. at birth. Although she looked weak, the general check-up at the hospital confirmed that everything was normal. However, she had to spend her first week in the hospital’s baby room, and since I lost a lot of blood during labor, I was very weak as well and had to stay on a few days longer than I should at the hospital. At the end of the second week, Betty went home with me – it was such a warm day!

Patrick and I have been married for five years. A year before Betty’s born, when we knew we were going to have a baby, we bought this beautiful 3-bedrooms town house and spent most our weekends decorating it, in particular the baby’s room – which was filled with toys and little clothes.

We felt so blessed, Patrick and I. There we were, three of us. I spent endless hours staring at my little one and coming to terms with the fact that she spent many months inside my body, and now she is an individual. Look at her little eyes and mouth – she cries, she smiles, she eats and she sleeps.

No comments: