Monday, March 19, 2007

My book "Melas Angels"--Betty's first year (1)

Betty's first year (1)

Betty was born 2 weeks premature. I stopped working one week before she was born.

We celebrated Betty’s homecoming with a nice supper.

Remember those little clothes we bought long before Betty was born? They turned out too big for our new-born baby. Patrick had to run out to get some right size clothes for Betty. The new clothes fit, Betty looked lovely as a doll.

Giving a newborn baby a bath is a big challenge. You could hold her entire body in one hand and wipe her with a wet towel with the other. I love the smell of the baby, and can’t help holding and hugging her all day long. I have 2 sisters and a brother. I am the eldest. My brother is married and my sisters are still single. Betty was my parents’ first grandchild.

Patrick has 2 sisters and 3 brothers. He is the eldest. Patrick’s parents already have several grandsons and are delighted to have their first grand-daughter, Betty.

No comments: