Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Facts about our genetic disease (4)

My daughter's final days were passed in a very painful way, her body function was shutting down slowly, she fell in semi-coma, we did not know whether she had feeling, but we suffered painfully, helplessly, and hopelessly. I watched her walking towards death. I wanted to grab her back, but I could not, she still had gone.

Because of our daughter, we knew this genetic disease existed in our mother-side family. One year after my daughter had developed the illness, I was diagnosed to have this disease. Another year later, my brother (he just passed away last December in 2006) and one of my sisters, i. e. Betty’s uncle and aunt, were also diagnosed to have this disease. All of us are taking medication and supplement to prevent and stabilize the development of this disease.

No comments: