Friday, March 16, 2007

Facts about our genetic disease (6)

The medical research is getting more advanced day by day. If we know that this mitochondrial disorder disease existed in our body but has not yet developed, we can take the medication and supplement to prevent it. I hope, some of you will be alerted after reading this true story, so that some incurable diseases will be prevented in the early stage. Also, I hope that you can understand how horrible this genetic disease is.

It is simple for you or me to write an article, but it is not easy for a mother to write down the story of her deceased daughter. I gave life to my daughter, she was part of my body, I watched her growing our, from baby to teenager, from her birth to her passing away. Spring has come and autumn came. Sunrise and sunset. She had come and gone. When I wrote about certain part, I thought of her, my tears rolled down, my vision became blurry, my heart was broken. I could not continue the writing.

Everyday, there are unfortunate happenings around us. If we understand the facts, we still can go through this valley of the shadow of death. We will fear no evil. If some of you have this mitochondrial disorder disease or similar diseases, after you read my story, we can share the experience and burden of life.

I will start to post my book next blog article, the "Melas Angels", my daughter's true life story.

No comments: