Saturday, March 17, 2007

My book "Melas Angels"--My daughter was born (1)

My daughter was born (1)

At 7:00 Am., July 14, 1987, I went into labor. Patrick, my husband, immediately took me to the Salvation Army Grace Hospital. The nurses checked on me at 15 minutes intervals. Patrick has just started a new job and as much as he wanted to stay with me, he had to tear himself away at 9:00am to attend a company meeting.

At 10:45am, the nurse came in and told me it was time, wheeled me into the delivery room, and informed the doctor at the same time.

I kept hoping Patrick would be back before the baby arrived but sooner that I thought, I heard the cry of a baby, it was my baby telling the world she has arrived. The nurse held her in front of me. She was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I was wheeled out of the delivery room, with my daughter by my side, when Patrick walked in. He was excited to see our little daughter and me. The little one sneezed, her tiny lips were kind of purplish – may be she was feeling cold, we thought, we wrapped her a little more tightly.

No comments: